U-17 World Cup: FIFA withdraws hosting rights from Peru
FIFA announced on Monday that the rights to organize the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023 have been withdrawn from Peru.
A statement from the organization said that “if the competition is still scheduled to take place from November 10 to December 2, 2023, the Bureau of the FIFA Council will appoint a new host country as soon as possible.
This decision follows the inability of Peru to meet its commitments in the preparation of infrastructure essential to the proper conduct of the event, says the same source.
Despite very good relations between FIFA and the Peruvian Football Federation (FPF), it appeared that there was not enough time left to release the appropriate investments and complete the necessary work in cooperation with the Peruvian authorities before the start of the competition, “said FIFA.
It should be noted that last week, the body had withdrawn from Indonesia the organization of the next World Cup for men under 20 years (May 20-June 11), because of a political mess that prevented the holding of the draw.