The ONMT announces the opening of approximately ten offices in several countries
The Moroccan National Tourist Office (ONMT) has announced the opening of about ten offices in several target countries as well as a new policy of redeployment on the strategic tourist emitting markets.
Following a year 2022 marked by a strong revival of the tourist sector and following the unanimous request of the members of the board of directors of the ONMT, who called for the mobilization of a maximum of resources on an international scale, the ONMT is starting this year with a large operational transformation of its competences via a movement of mobility on the level of several new target markets.
These are approximately ten countries where new offices of the ONMT will be opened, attached to delegations already in place and accompanied by an aggressive promotional and commercial policy.
“This new network of the ONMT ensures from now on a world coverage of the Morocco brand with the unprecedented opening of offices on markets such as Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil or Nigeria. This deployment of our skills in buoyant markets will enable us to be as close as possible to travel prescribers in order to convert the craze for Morocco into tourist flows and to set up new air routes”, explains Adel El Fakir.
This involves, in the first phase, the following markets:
- Portugal: Post based in Lisbon, attached to the ONMT delegation in Madrid
- Switzerland: Position based in Zurich, attached to the ONMT delegation in Düsseldorf
- Scandinavia: Position based in Stockholm, attached to the London delegation
- Canada: Based in Montreal, attached to the New York delegation
- Brazil: Position based in Sao Paulo, attached to the ONMT Delegation in Madrid
- India: Post based in New Delhi, attached to the ONMT Delegation in Abu Dhabi
- Japan: Position based in Tokyo, attached to the ONMT Delegation in Abu Dhabi
- South Korea: Based in Seoul, attached to the ONMT delegation in Abu Dhabi
- English-speaking Africa: Post based in Abuja, attached to the ONMT delegation in Dakar
- Australia: Post based in Melbourne, attached to the ONMT delegation in Abu Dhabi
As a continuation of this arrangement, the ONMT will redeploy its delegates to 5 strategic markets: the United Kingdom, Italy, Benelux, Poland and China.